Information on the project
The project objective
The main objective of this project is activation of the public of Ukraine for the development and implementation of the National Action Plan for the European Strategy for the Danube Region, which includes:
- Establishment of a network and data base of NGO’s and entering into cooperation with all NGO’s of Ukraine and other countries interested in sustainable development of the Danube Region;
- Making an information and analysis tour to the regions of Danube region, which will consist of media campaign and public hearings to highlight the main problems and needs of Ukrainian part of the Danube region and finding the solutions these problems with the purpose of it’s further reflection in the proposals to the National Action Plan as well as providing the information on these issues to the governmental bodies;
- Informing of the public and certain governmental bodies in the Danube region on the objectives and main provisions of the Danube Strategy;
- Involvement of a wide range of local public to the development of European Strategy for the Danube Region;
- Publication of the Comments to the European Strategy for the Danube region with the glossary;
- Developing of data bank on the Danube region.
In the frame of the project the following actions are planned:
- Dissemination of information about the European Strategy for the Danube region among the interested public as the preparatory stage of the public hearings;
- 2. Involvement of a new interested parties to the electronic mailing list of Working Group on the development of Danube Region;
- Studying of the problems of Danube region on the local level, making proposals to the National Action plan;
- 4. With the purpose of the deeper researching of the problem of the Danube region and establishment of the basis for the development of National Action Plan it is planned to conduct information and analysis tour to the Ukrainian regions of the Danube (Odesa, Chernivtsi, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattya). The tour will consist of media campaign and public hearings.
- 5. Making the publication which will include the text of the Strategy and comments to the Strategy and the EU Action Plan including case studies on implementation of the four pillars of Danube Strategy;
- 6. Developing of the proposals to the National Action plan for implementation of the European Strategy for the Danube region. Summarized proposals to the National Action Plan will be sent to the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Municipal Services and to the Cabinet of Ministers.